The Central Coast Mariners are excited to announce a pre-season trip to Canberra where they will take on Capital Football PlayStation 4 National Premier League sides; Canberra Olympic and Gungahlin United.
Gungahlin United recently departed the Westfield FFA Cup after a 1-0 loss to Sydney Olympic whilst Canberra Olympic are sitting third on the PS4 NPL Ladder.
Arriving on Sunday August 16, the Mariners will roll out a number of coaching clinics in the nation’s capital over their five-night stay that will see them interact with a number of local players and coaches.
Head Coach Tony Walmsley sees the trip to Canberra as a crucial part of the Yellow & Navy’s pre-season.
“I was keen to re-visit Canberra as a pre-season destination. The Mariners have had a long association with the region and I am really grateful for the support of Canberra Olympic FC and Gungahlin United in making this happen,” Walmsley said.
“This camp promises to be as intensive as possible with the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) providing optimum training facilities together with two games enabling all players to receive vital game time.
“The A.C.T. has a history of producing talent and this trip provides an excellent opportunity for us to have a close look at some of the next generation,” he said.
Further details for the Central Coast Mariners pre-season will be made available in due course.
Monday 17th August
- 5pm at Dickson Playing Fields – coaching clinics for Majura FC/Canberra Olympic junior teams
- 6pm at Dickson Playing Fields – coach the coaches sessions for Majura & Olympic
Tuesday 18th August
- Central Coast Mariners v Canberra Olympic at Gungahlin enclosed – 6pm kick off
Wednesday 19th August
- 5pm at Nicholls Synthetic – Coaching clinics for Gungahlin United junior teams
- 6pm at Nicholls Synthetic – Coach the coaches sessions for Gungahlin United
Thursday 20th August
- Central Coast Mariners v Gungahlin United at Gungahlin enclosed- 6:30pm kick off