Central Coast Mariners Internships
Central Coast Mariners FC will offer a number of Membership & Community Voluntary Internships throughout the Hyundai A-League 2019-20 pre-season and season proper.
The Internships will provide a small team of ambitious people with the opportunity to gain a wide range of practical experience in the Membership department. There are additional opportunities to explore marketing, events, community and operations spaces with the Central Coast’s only professional sporting franchise.
Ideally the internships are suited to university or TAFE students currently undertaking study in the field of marketing, sports management or event management. An interest in and knowledge of football – as well as Central Coast Mariners FC, the Hyundai A-League, Westfield FFA Cup – is desirable.
Heading into its 15th season, the Central Coast Mariners have a Membership base of over 6,000.
- Available 1-2 days per week, based at Mariners HQ in Tuggerah starting from May 2019.
- Available to volunteer on a weekend at Membership Drives and Community Events where possible.
- Available on home matches from October 2019 to assist with Membership Enquiries and Services.
- Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite, and an Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a professional phone manner.
- Ability to take direction as required, display initiative, willingness to learn.
- Highly organised, a strong customer service approach and attention to detail.
- Supply of a current Working with Children check number (volunteer or employee accepted).
Interns will learn the co-ordination of match days, club events and promotions from an events perspective
Successful applicants may be required to be available in the evening and weekends and are responsible for their own transportation to/from Mariners HQ (Tuggerah) or home matches.
For their efforts, each Intern will receive:
- A 2019-20 Central Coast Mariners polo shirt
- A written reference at the completion of the internship period.
- Consistent feedback throughout the internship period.
- The unique opportunity to gain experience at a leading Hyundai A-League franchise.
- The opportunity for extended/paid work at the completion of the internship period.
- The opportunity to access further training opportunities via the Club’s well-established network of professionals and organisations.
If you are interested in this Internship, please e-mail a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Membership & Community Internship in the subject line. Applications must be received by 1St May 2019.