Central Coast Mariners FC will offer a number of Membership & Community unpaid Internships throughout the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 pre-season and season proper.
The internships will provide a small team of ambitious people with the opportunity to gain a wide range of practical experience in the marketing, events, membership, community and operations spaces with the Central Coast’s only professional sporting franchise.
Ideally, the internships are suited to students currently undertaking study in the field of marketing and/or event management. An interest in and knowledge of football – as well as Central Coast Mariners FC, the Hyundai A-League, Westfield FFA Cup – is desirable.
In its 13th season, the Central Coast Mariners have over 6000 registered members and are one of the most consistently successful teams in the competition.
EVENTS & COMMUNITY INTERNSHIP
- 1-2 days per week and one rostered weekend a month as well as home match days from early October 2017 through to April 2018.
- Applicants should be familiar with Microsoft Office and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants must have an ability to take direction as required, display initiative, willingness to learn.
- Applicants should be highly organised, have a strong customer service approach and great attention to detail.
- Interns will learn the co-ordination of match days, club events and promotions from an events perspective.
- Interns may be required to be available in the evening and weekends.
- Interns are responsible for their own transportation to/from Mariners HQ (Tuggerah) or home matches.
For their efforts each Intern will receive:
- A Central Coast Mariners polo shirt
- A written reference at the completion of the internship period.
- Consistent feedback throughout the internship period.
- The unique opportunity to gain experience at a leading Hyundai A-League franchise.
- The opportunity for extended/paid work at the completion of the internship period.
- The opportunity to access further training opportunities via the Club’s well-established network of professionals and organisations.
If you are interested in this Internship, please e-mail a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Membership & Community Internship in the subject line. Applications must be received by Friday May 19, 2017.