Academy Push On With Strong Back-To-Back Efforts

It was a massive weekend for our academy sides, with the youth teams playing back-to-back matches, and seeing our senior sides stealing the show against their opponents away.


To start the weekend, our youth boys ventured away to take on Manly United FC.

14’s (1-0) and 15’s (2-0) brought home the three points, while 13’s (3-3) escaped with a point. 16’s (4-2) and 18’s (7-2) was outclassed by their opposition, leaving empty-handed.

Youth boys were back home on Sunday against Rockdale Ilinden, with 14’s (3-1) continuing their winning streak, 13’s (5-2) grabbing maximum points. 

15’s (2-2) and 18’s (1-1) came away with points each, 16’s (0-2) unable to match Rockdale.

The senior men’s sides were away too on Saturday against SD Raiders FC, with both teams coming home victorious.

A first half brace from Bailey Brandtman followed by goals from Max Middleby and Ethan Debono saw 20’s victorious 4-2, putting them into first place.

First Grade capped off their final away game with a 3-0 victory.

Andrew Christiansen’s men had to wait until the final minute of the first half to open the scoring through Nicholas Duarte, before Nickola Skataric and Lachlan Bayliss added their names to the scoresheet.

Christiansen was pleased with his team’s result.

“Difficult game for the group but happy with the effort and scored some nice goals.  The pitch conditions made the game a little scrappy but the boys showed maturity and composure to adjust and find a way to win,” said Christiansen.

The result puts them well in sight of the premiership race, sitting third and only two points shy of first place.

First Grade host both Blacktown Spartans tonight and St George FC on Sunday afternoon.


Pluim Park was home to our youth girls on Saturday against Gladesville Raiders, seeing 15’s (2-1), and 16’s (3-0) victorious, while 14’s (1-1) took a point with them.

Then away on Sunday to take on St George FC, 15’s (1-0) completed their undefeated weekend, with 14’s and 16’s each playing out a 1-1 draw.

The senior women’s sides played away on Sunday against St George FC, unfortunately seeing 20’s go down 1-0 after holding their opposition out for 85 minutes to remain fourth.

For First Grade, their response to their disappointing few weeks was much to their delight with a 3-2 against St George to push them into seventh.

Off the back of a 4-0 loss earlier in the week to Gladesville Raiders at home, Pete Edwards’ side threatened their opposition constantly, Chloe Smith leading the attacking threat early before bagging one after half time.

Keira Bainsfair followed suit shortly after, collecting a brace within 10 minutes to extend their lead, before the defence held on despite a late goal to the home side. 

First grade host Camden Tigers FC on Saturday, before backing up at home on Sunday against Hills United FC.