CENTRAL Coast Mariners head to Australia’s city of churches this weekend for Sunday’s Hyundai A-League clash with Adelaide United.
CENTRAL Coast Mariners head to Australia-s city of churches this weekend for Sunday-s Hyundai A-League clash with Adelaide United.
By kick-off in the round 26 fixture the Mariners will know whether their 2012/13 Premier-s Plate defence is still alive.
Western Sydney Wanderers host Sydney FC on Saturday evening at Parramatta Stadium, with Graham Arnold-s men requiring Frank Farina-s Sky Blues to claim at least a draw for their Premiership defence to extend another week. The Mariners must then defeat the Reds to take the race for the Plate into the final round of the regular season.
Central Coast Mariners have already secured second place on the Hyundai A-League ladder, and will play their sole Finals Series Semi Final match on Sunday 14 April at Gosford-s Bluetongue Stadium (kick-off 5:00pm).
Get in the mood for Sunday-s match between the Reds and the Mariners with these match and season facts!
• Central Coast Mariners enjoy a strong record at Hindmarsh Stadium against Adelaide United, having secured four wins and four draws from 11 appearances at the ground.
• Central Coast Mariners are poised to defeat the Reds for the eighth time in succession, extending the second longest winning streak against a single club in Hyundai A-League history.
• Adelaide United has not tasted victory against the Mariners in a competitive match in over three years.
• Both Central Coast Mariners and Adelaide United will have their regular custodians missing for the match. Mathew Ryan (Mariners) and Eugene Galekovic (Adelaide) are currently in camp with the Qantas Socceroos. Ryan will be replaced by Justin Pasfield, while Paul Izzo will stand in for Galekovic.
• Central Coast Mariners captain John Hutchinson has completed more passes than any other player in the competition this season (1194). He is also one yellow card away from a suspension.
• By statistics, Adelaide United left-back Cassio is the seventh most effective tackler in the competition, having made 80 tackles this campaign.
• Central Coast Mariners have conceded the least shots this season (216). Adelaide have conceded the third most (357).
• The record crowd for a match between the two clubs is 13,119.
Adelaide United vs. Central Coast Mariners – 2012/13 Hyundai A-League Round 26
Sunday 24 March, 2013
Hindmarsh Stadium, Adelaide
Kick-off: 6:30pm (local); 7:00pm (AEST)
Twitter: Join the match conversation on Twitter! The official match hashtag is #REDSvCCM