CENTRAL Coast Mariners face Adelaide United for the 24th competitive time this Friday.
CENTRAL Coast Mariners face Adelaide United for the 24th competitive time this Friday. Get in the mood for the match with these facts!
• Should he take to the field on Friday evening, Mariners attacker Bernie Ibini will play his 50th Hyundai A-League match for the Club. Ibini has been in Belgium with Club Brugge since last week, however is due to return to Mariners training on Thursday with a view to participating in the round 18 clash with the Reds.
• Hyundai A-League leading goalscorer Daniel McBreen is set to make his 50th Hyundai A-League start for the yellow and navy. McBreen has scored 20 goals in 72 appearances for the Club, and is on fire this season with 13 strikes in just 16 outings.
• Adam Kwasnik may fancy his chances of scoring against the Reds in round 18. Kwasnik has scored four times in this particular fixture in the past – more than any other Mariner. Aditionally, Adelaide-s Bruce Djite has netted four goals against the Mariners, so he-ll be one to watch should he feature for John Kosmina-s team.
• Adelaide is known as the ‘City of Churches- and John Kosmina-s team could be forgiven for seeking the assistance of higher powers for this particular contest – Adelaide have won just once in their last nine meetings with the Mariners at Bluetongue Stadium. Indeed, the Mariners have won each of their last six meetings against the men from Hindmarsh Stadium.
• Adelaide has the most effective offside trap in the league, meaning the likes of Daniel McBreen, Mile Sterjovski and Adam Kwasnik will need to be wary of their positioning on Friday. 68 times this season have Adelaide caught their opponents offside.
• Central Coast Mariners and Adelaide United both possess one of the competition-s top eight assist makers. Adelaide-s Marcelo Carrusca sits equal second with five assists, while Mariners midfield maestro Michael McGlinchey is equal third with four.
Central Coast Mariners vs. Adelaide United – Hyundai A-League round 18
Friday 25 January, 2013
Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford
Tickets: Please CLICK HERE to purchase tickets to the match.
Twitter: Join the match conversation on Twitter! The official match hash-tag is #CCMvREDS
TV: LIVE on Fox Sports 1 & 1HD
Radio: LIVE on selected ABC Radio frequencies & digital channels. LIVE on Coast FM (96.3FM locally or streamed online at www.coastfm.org.au)
Yellow Army Fan March
Friday 25 January, 2013
Starts: Gosford Boat Ramp (near Gosford Pool)
Ends: Bluetongue Stadium, Western Entrance. Yellow Army will then converge on Bay 16.
Meet: Before 6:30pm